Monday, February 4, 2008

Shift Happens

A MAGL student just showed us this presentation in class today. Very interesting. It gives a good portrayal of our changing world and poses a challenge for educators to ask new questions in how to think about the needs of students.

When I watch these videos, I am always impressed and left with a sense of awe at the increasingly complex and interconnected nature of our world. It is overwhelming to think about. Sometimes, I wonder if this rapid change of our world is a long term phenomena? Will it run out of gas at some point and level out? Or are we facing a new future that is hard to fathom with only unfathomable change to count on?

Part of the reason I love being in seminary is that I get to think about and learn about the church in this changing world. Working for the MAGL program and studying in the Intercultural Studies degree has been a fulfilling and enriching experience. The one introduces me to online education and the other teaches me to see the world through missiological eyes. This is what I try to remember when my brain starts to hurt after watching these kind of presentations.

No comments: