Thursday, April 10, 2008

Update: Fuller Forward

I have been off the blog for some time now.

I have been kinda busy basically trying to figure out my life and such.

After receiving the news several months back about our office move to Colorado Springs, Rebekka and I were in a constant state of "so what now?" Well, it seems like life has settled down again. A few weeks back the School of Intercultural Studies (the school I am in enrolled in at Fuller) office came up with the idea of having me take on a part-time job in their academic advising office. I was excited about the prospect, but balked at the timing. It meant that by the end of April I would need to start working 20 hrs a week for SIS, something that would be rather unhelpful to my current work and their transition schedule. The MAGL is hoping to move in September/October, which would leave gap in the summer line up for advising if I left so soon.

A long story short, through numerous conversations and brainstorm sessions, and through the efforts of many kind people, we have worked it out that I will start at the end of April with SIS for 20 hrs a week and continue on with MAGL for 20 hrs a week until early August. It works out that for about three and half months I will be working two part-time jobs. At the beginning of August, I would only continue on with SIS on a part-time basis and transition to becoming student again.

This solution means that I will remain a full-time employee (despite part-timing it in two offices), can stick around longer with for the MAGL transition and have a part-time job lined up for when I take on a higher seminary load. Plus, I get to take Wilbert Shenk's summer intensive, Mission Theology in an Anabaptist Perspective, in July. Overall it is a huge relief to have this worked out.

So over a period of two weeks, I went from not knowing what would happen with my job situation and life, to suddenly returning to studies and working in a different office within the Fuller world. Cool.

Thanks for all your help and prayer!

No comments: